Wednesday, December 2, 2015

"When they [NASA] were soliciting applications for astronauts, they rejected people with pure histories of success and instead selected people who had had significant failures and bounced back from them" (Dweck 29).
Imagine that Poly has a selection philosophy similar to NASA's. You are applying to Poly as an incoming ninth grader and have been asked to write a short reflection of 250-300 words on a significant academic or school failure and how you bounced back. (Not your personal life.)

Image Credit:listaka.com 
(This story I am about tell is completely fictional and does not depict my personal life.) When I was in middle school I struggled with History everyday. Memorizing facts and important dates was never my strongest capability. In the first semester I failed every test and was lost and did not know how to prepare and improve my grade In class I had a blank expression of confusion and boredom. Ending the semester with a D- something needed to change. The first day of the new semester I buckled down and started developing new habits. At the end of the year I ended the class with a A+ feeling comfortable a great about my progression. My hard work paid off and made me into the better student I am today. 
Like always in life you have to face your challenges and try to rise above. You have to have faith and put in the hard work and dedication. Nothing great comes from nothing. To be great or to excel at a job or activity you have to put in the work. This applies to anything in life especially school.


No comments:

Post a Comment